Interested in organizing an event, or hosting a Pop-Up dinner?
Hosting an event at Midway Community Kitchen is an excellent opportunity to reach a larger audience and engage with customers in an intimate setting. We have partnered with many local businesses and organizations to create one of a kind events that enable you to interact more closely with the community and create lasting relationships with your customers. Some examples of businesses we've partnered with include:
- Chefs from local restaurants sharing their expertise through cooking classes
- Catering and food service companies promoting their business through Pop-Up dinners
- Non-profit organizations raising funds through a shared meal
- Cookbook authors offering book readings and demonstrations of their recipes
Types of Classes and Events
- Hands On Classes: create an interactive class which teaches students real skills that they can use at home. Class are typically 2 to 2 ½ hours, which includes eating time.
- Demonstration Classes: Typically larger than a hands-on class, demo classes have little to no participation by the students. These classes are 2 to 2 ½ hours with 3 to 5 recipes, and include a small meal. Some examples of demo classes we have hosted include topics like fermenting, canning, preserving, and butchery.
- Class Series: Three or more classes per series. Featuring subjects that require more than one class and with classes building upon knowledge and information covered in previous class.
- Speakers / Trending Food Issues: Nutritional Healing, Growing Your Food Business, Eating Local Foods, Nutrition for Pregnant and Nursing Moms, Childhood Obesity, Food Deserts, documentary showings and discussions (Q&A with filmmakers and local activists), book signings and presentations … the list goes on, and on!
- One Hour Lunch or Demo Classes: Short demo classes featuring one nutritious dish and usually one other simple dish. Recipes are provided.
- Pop Up Dinners: Rent the kitchen and dining area for a night – or several nights! Try out new recipes, generate buzz and have fun in a unique downtown space.
- Fundraising Events: We can pair you with one of our wonderful chefs, or you can provide your own food, and simply rent the space for your event. Beer and wine must be purchased through Midway Community Kitchen.
We are always looking for talented people with a love of food who want to share their knowledge with our amazing community. If you are interested in renting the kitchen to teach a class, or host an event, please send us a description of the event to get started. Prices vary, so please describe your event in detail so that we can provide you with the correct pricing information.
We look forward to working with you!